Karamat Hussain Niazi
- Father's Name: Late Khan Bahadur Khan
- Date of Birth: April 25, 1946.
- Place of Birth: Bhakkar (Punjab)
- Marital Status & Kin: Married. Two sons and one daughter
Present: H.No.1, St.No.26, F-7/2, Islamabad.
Permanent: Niazi Manzil, Near Railway Water Works, Bhakkar.
Email email@example.com (Secretary)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Secretariat)
- Qualification: B.Sc., L.L.B.
INSTITUTIONS / COLLEGES ATTENDED
i. F.C. College, Lahore
ii. Govt. College, Sargodha
iii. University Law College, Lahore.
TRAINING IN PAKISTAN:
- 9th In-service Training Course for Judicial Officer, NIPA, Lahore, May 28, 1998 to June 09, 1998.
- 67th Advanced Course on Administration and Management at NIPA, Lahore, January 15, 1995 to May 04, 1995.
- Course on "Administration & Criminal Justice & Procedural Law" at NIPA, Lahore, March 09, 1991 to March 21, 1991.
- Orientation Course on Qisas & Diyat, at Federal Judicial Academy, Islamabad, January 19, 1991 to January 24, 1991.
- 15th Orientation Course, in Shariah (Islamic Law), at International Islamic University, Islamabad, August 23, 1986 to December 11, 1986.
- Parliamentary Officers Study Programme Parliament of Canada, OTTAWA, September 24, 2005 to October 06, 2005.
- Legislative Practice and Legislative Drafting etc. Programme at the Management School, London, UK, September 20, 2004 to October 01, 2004.
- Observation / Study tour abroad "Legislative Drafting and Staffing of Committees" at USA, Canada and UK (Sponsored by Asia Foundation), November 28, 1992 to December 18, 1992.
- Secretary, National Assembly Secretariat, Islamabad - August 08, 2007onwards.
- Special Secretary (Legislation) National Assembly Secretariat, Islamabad, March 2006 to 7th August 2007.
- Additional Secretary (Legislation), National Assembly Secretariat, Islamabad, March 5, 2003 to March 2006.
- Judicial Member (BS-21) Income Tax Appellate Tribunal, Ministry of Law, Justice & Human Rights, Islamabad September 1998 to March 2003.
- Deputy Secretary (Question & Motions), Senate Secretariat, November 1995 to September 1998.
- Deputy Secretary (Legislation), National Assembly Secretariat, Islamabad, March 1992 to 31st August, 1995.
- Additional District & Session Judge, Multan, April 1990 to February 1992.
- Senior Civil Judge, July 1985 to April 1990.
- Civil Judge, December 1973 to July 1985.
POSITION HELD AS SECRETARY NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
- Secretary Parliamentary Committee on Constitutional Reforms.
- Secretary Parliamentary Committee on the Appointment of Chief Election Commissioner & Members of the Election Commission of Pakistan.
- Secretary (Ex-officio) of all Committees of the National Assembly.
- Member (Ex-officio), PIPS – Board of Governors.
- Secretary General, IPU Pakistan Branch.
- Secretary General, CPA Pakistan Branch.
- Secretary, SAARC Speakers & Parliamentarian Forum (Pakistan Branch).
- Member, Association of Secretaries General of Parliaments (ASGP).
- Member, CPA Society of Clerks at the Table.
CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS ATTENDED ABROAD.
- 21st Conference of Speakers & Presiding Officers of the Commonwealth (CSPOC) in Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago - January 7-13, 2012.
- 125th IPU Assembly and related meetings (ASGP) in Bern, Switzerland - October 16-19, 2011
- 5th SAARC Speakers & Parliamentarians Forum in New Delhi, India - July 11-16, 2011.
- 3rd CPA Asia Region Conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka - February 10-16, 2011
- Standing Committee Meeting of the Conference of Speakers and Presiding Officers of the Commonwealth (CSPOC) at Isle of Man - January 12-15, 2011.
- 59th Westminster Seminar on Parliamentary Practice and Procedures in London - March 7-19, 2010.
- 20th Conference of Speakers & Presiding Officers of the Commonwealth (CSPOC) in New Delhi, India - January 4-8, 2010.
- 120th IPU Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) and related meetings (ASGP) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - April 5-10, 2009.
- 54th CPA Conference and General Meeting of the Society of Clerks-at-the-Table in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - August 5-10, 2008.
- 117th Assembly of the IPU and ASGP Meetings in Geneva - October 8-10, 2007.
- 53rd CPA Conference and Meeting of the Society of Clerks–at-the-Table held in New Delhi, India - September 25-30, 2007
- Seminar on Common Legislation of the APA Members Countries in Bangkok, Thailand - 28th May to 1st June, 2007.
- 115th Assembly of the IPU and Related Meetings (ASGP meetings) in Geneva (Switzerland) - October 13-18, 2006
- 114th IPU General Assembly & Related Meetings (ASGP) in Nairobi, Kenya - May 7-12, 2006.
AWARDS & MEDALS:
- Sitara-i-Imitaz, Civil award conferred by the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, on March 23, 2011 in recognition of valuable contributions in the Parliamentary Committee on Constitutional Reforms.